Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Surprise

My mom and I went to check out Nordstrom’s half yearly sale last night.

I was at the jewelry counter browsing, when I noticed a Swiss Army watch. DH mentioned in passing a few weeks back that he liked their watches. This particular one I was looking at had a classic style. Steel, chrono style and black face.

I impulsively bought it for DH and I got a very good deal since it was on sale too!

I think he’ll like the style as it’s classic and conservative.

I’m going to surprise DH with the watch tonight. I can't wait to see his expression. :)

I hung out with Jonesy and my 2 godchildren last week while I was off. They are just so adorable! N who is 3 and K who is 18 months are both a handful. I honestly don’t know how Jonesy manages to watch them both at home everyday while she works at home. She was glad of my visit as it gives her some much needed adult company.

N loves the movie “Music & Lyrics” (very cute movie!). He keeps singing the theme song “Way Back into Love” over and over, non stop. He has memorized the song and uses a hairbrush as his microphone.

K in the meantime has discovered her female parts and was stuffing her diaper with play coins. I’m sure she was wondering what the fuss was all about when her Mom reprimanded her.

I used to go camping with Jonesy, her hubby and their daughter M at least 3-4x during the summer. We haven’t gone on a camping trip together in the last 3+ years as she has been busy with her 2 youngest kids. They invited us camping over Memorial Day weekend but we were out of town.

Her hubby, the outdoor enthusiast, is planning another camping trip this summer. So I hope we can join them then.

Question of the day: What is the best surprise you have ever received?

10 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

A ten day trip to the Canary Islands was a super surprise.

Sounds like DH will be very pleasantly surprised. Nice work!

June 9, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i recently got a birthday card and a gift certificate to the gap from a blog friend that made me cry. all this from a person i've never met. now that is one lovely, thoughtful, and generous surprise.

June 9, 2007 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger B said...

When my dad told me he was taking me to the dealer to buy me my car. He was proud and I was soooo happy!

I was the first person in my family ever to attend University so that was my gift.

June 10, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the gift! I'm sure the DH will love it. My best surprise... when I had just finished university and was dead broke my mom called and said she wanted me to help her pick out a new computer. She said she wanted the best, so I went along squealing like a school girl while I marvelled over different sized monitors (I'm a nerd). After she paid for the computer, printer, scanner, software etc, she turned to me and told me it was for me. It was just so unexpected and lovely!

June 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the watch..very goo choice.....I can never stay away from Nordies...I also thought Music and Lyrics was a cute movie..just saw it Saturday...

June 11, 2007 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger JM said...

I don't really like surprises, but one of the best that I've received was a dozen roses for my birthday. I don't really know why I liked them, since I don't particularly like flowers or think of flowers as a dude gift.
If DH reads your blog, then wouldn't this post have fowled the surprise?

June 11, 2007 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger ella said...

I went to the Nordie's sale as well. Didn't seem like there was much on sale at all! I'm glad you scored!

June 12, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I really like the watch. Who wouldn't love a surprise like that?

The most recent surprise I received was a few weeks ago from my parents and brother. They surprised me with a kitten when I was visiting for the weekend. And it was truly a surprise, but it was a good one!

June 12, 2007 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

The best surprise was when my bf threw me a surprise b-day party! I had no idea :)

June 14, 2007 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Best surprise I ever received? Read my latest blog! :D

June 20, 2007 at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home