Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Mr. Sandman

The fog is back in SF. We got a little respite last night from the heat wave. The evening was cooler and I was able to sleep comfortably, after 2 nights of tossing and turning. That song "Mr Sandman" come to mind. I was starting to feel grouchy because I felt so blah and tired. It's going to be another nice day today but just a tad cooler.

Usually, it’s DH who can’t stand the heat. I don’t think he can stand just basking under the sun on the beach all day. He would get bored too. My family spent our summers on the beach. We spent hours and hours playing and swimming on the beach. I could just spend the idle day laying out on the beach and swimming. This is one of the activities DH & I do not have in common. He doesn’t swim, I love swimming. He hates sand; I love the warm sand on my skin.

You’d think it would cause any conflict for us on vacations, but not really. We were in Hawaii last year and we had a blast. We spent a couple of days laying out on one of the white beaches of Maui. We stayed for 3-4 hours on the beach because DH knew I wanted/needed to do that.

After a few hours of beach bliss for me, we’d go on our way to sightsee or do another activity this time something DH would enjoy. We enjoy similar recreational activities so finding something we both enjoy is never a problem. Throughout the vacation we both made sure that we each have done what the other had wanted to see or do.

Compromise is the key.

Question of the day: If you were on your way to an island for the show “Survivor” and were only allowed to bring ONE luxury item, what would you bring?

6 Comments:

Blogger megabrooke said...

hope the fog clears up and it cools off for you!

one luxury item... hmm... maybe a digital camera? does that count? or are we talking more, blowdryer, perfume, new red pumps variety???

May 9, 2007 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger HippieChyck said...

a battery-packed flat iron?

oh wait. i meant a digital camera too.

May 9, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will there be boys there? lol.

May 9, 2007 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger ella said...

i am a total water baby, but tim is very much not. he's constantly afraid of getting burned.

one luxury item? a bottle of bodywash/shampoo. i am a hygienic girl!

May 9, 2007 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I don't know if I can follow after Kate's comment! :O

May 10, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon Stewart ;)

May 10, 2007 at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home