Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

La-La-La

I’m back.

We went on a mini vacation to Los Angeles last week. It was FUN but too short.

Trip highlights:

  • 1st day: Left SF at 5.30am as we had tickets to the Dodgers game at 1.00p. Our seats very high up, but right smack in the middle of home plate. We ate Dodger dogs and nachos. Yum.
  • Dodger game highlights: Doing the wave and waiting for the beach ball to come my way so I can hit it.
  • We met Gigi and hubby for dinner in Pasadena. They treated us for our anniv dinner. It was very thoughtful of them to do that.
  • We walked around Old Town Pasadena after dinner and had drinks.
  • 2nd Day: Spent the day at Santa Monica.
  • People watched at Muscle beach. DH noticed a lot of guys doing the girl pull ups vs the guy pull ups. These were muscular men doing the scaled down pull up version. DH noticed that since they had the big guns, why weren't they doing the guy pull ups? Funny.
  • Walked down 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
  • Celebrated our anniversary by having dinner at Gladstone’s in Malibu. We feasted on fish cerviche, clam chowder, seafood platter and lobster roll. It was delicious and the ocean view was lovely. We went back to pasadena and walked to downtown from our hotel and grabbed some gelato.
  • 3rd day: Spent the day in Disneyland. Favorite ride: Mad Hatter’s Tea Cup! DH & I kept spinning the disk so that we spun faster. We were spinning so fast, we were double over in laughter. Man, we were dizzy but it was fun.
  • Other Disney faves: Space Mtn, Indy Jones, Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mtn
  • Checked out California Adventures (next to Disney). We only had time for 1 ride so we chose the best – their California Screaming roller coaster. Boy, did I scream. The roller takes you from 0 to 55mph in 5 seconds. Trust me, that’s fast!! It felt like being shot off a cannon. We were in the 1st car and I was screaming the whole time with my eyes closed. DH kept yelling open your eyes… hahah… no thanks, I’d rather not see how far we are plummeting down the earth.
  • Watched an Anaheim Angels game after Disneyland. Got a freebie: Jersey clock day.

I love LA weather. It was high 70s while we were there. Nice and warm. A nice reprieve from cold, foggy SF.

We like watching baseball games in LA as it’s warm and we can wear shorts and shirt only.

It was a FUN trip; we were exhausted when we arrived home. We definitely need to incorporate more relaxing and down time during our vacations. :p

Next up, I’m planning a camping trip in July!

Question of the day: What are your summer plans?

7 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I'm guessing you didn't get to touch the beachball, huh? :(

My summer plans include burning up 3wks of vacation before the end of the year without going bankrupt.

June 7, 2007 at 3:51 AM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

sounds like a great trip! glad you're back!
summer plans here just include, maybe?, a long weekend here or there. vacation time is few and far between these days. myrtle beach pretty much did it all in.

June 7, 2007 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

What a lovely trip! You and DH go a lot and live in such a great area for short trips.

As for my summer, I have two more weeks in Spain, and then I get to help keep my adorable nieces some this summer. I see some weekend trips in the future too to visit with friends. Aren´t we lucky to have the means for such fun stuff?!

June 7, 2007 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger B said...

Hey

Glad you enjoyed yourself

My plans are to go to Malta In July to visit my Family.

June 7, 2007 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger ella said...

I was too scared to go on California Screaming, but California Soaring was really rad!

My summer plans entail getting acclimated to my new job. I am still hoping I can make the mission trip to Venezuela in September...

June 7, 2007 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger The Egg said...

Somewhere on a beach. Most likely in Crete!

June 7, 2007 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

What a fun trip!

My summer plans just include a few long weekends (like brookem) and lots of time lounging at the pool or the park, just relaxing with a good book.

June 8, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home