Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Springing Forward

Our office party last Saturday was a lot of fun!

The weather was so nice to begin with all day so the evening was very mild. I wore a long black sleeveless dress with a little sparkle, DH wore a dark suit. He looked handsome.

We arrived at the party a little past 7p. There were about 15 people at the party. DH & I ventured to the bar and each got a glass of red cab. We had about 6 wines to chosse from as this is a wine tasting themed party.

We did our rounds and mingled. I said hello to my colleages and introduced DH. I met the spouses and dates of my coworkers. It is something to see your coworkers in a social setting. They are very likable... hahaha.... I guess that's what these parties are for... to get to know your peers better.

The food was absolutely delicious. We had a buffet of small plated food and hors d'oervres... prime rib and turkey carving station, tuna tartar, crostinis, crab cakes, anti pasto, cornucopia, grilled veggies. The food was catered by one of SF's most popular restaurant: Scott's Seafood. They did an amazing job as everyone liked the food.

Our party also offered 3 Wine 101 sessions where a wine expert gave us the basics on wine tasting. Everyone enjoyed that part. DH didn't drink a lot as he was the designated driver.

We mingled some more and said hello to the CEO and CFO. They had nice and complimentary words about me to DH, which I was very flattered.

We also had a DJ towards the latter part of the evening but our group did not dance much. About 60 people were at the party.

All in all it was a fun evening. We ended up leaving at 11p as we were enjoying conversation with our table and time just flew.

I don't why I was so worried that we weren't going to have a good time at the party. :)

I've just been feeling tired the past 2 days... must be from the 1 hour loss of sleep from DST. On a good note, I do like the extended daylight hours.

Question of the day: If you could take back the one hour from Daylight Savings, what would you do during that hour?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

Sleep!

I'm glad the party was better than expected. The food sounds delicious.

March 13, 2007 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

What Ally said. I want that hour back!

March 13, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I would sleep. I think the hour occurred while I was sleeping.

March 13, 2007 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home