Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, January 22, 2007

T-I-V-O

DH & I are soo excited!!!

We have finally joined the 21st century and connected TiVo!!

My boss bought himself the new HD Tivo and his old Tivo was just lying around waiting for a new home. He asked me if I wanted it including the 10 month paid subscription -- all for FREE, yes FREE. I jumped at the offer thanking him profusely at the generous offer. :)

He brought it to work last week and only tonight did we have a chance to learn to hook it up for 2 opposing shows tonite. (24 vs Heroes on tv). I must say, this is slick... to be able to record live shows, pause, rewind, record your show for the whole season among other things. Very very cool! Up until now, we were recording our fave TV shows via the VCR... I know, it sounds archaic and technologically challenged.

Boy, I guess what they say is true... once you go Tivo, you don't go back!!!

Love it love it... thank you Boss, for giving us Tivo! :)

Question of the day: What do you record on your Tivo? (24, Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, Top Chef to name a few of our shows)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, welcome to the Cult of TiVo. :-)

January 23, 2007 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Since my cable bill (includes internet) is already over $80, I can't bring myself to take the Tivo plunge. But if it were free, I'd be tivoing Grey's for sure. And probably a few Law & Order SVUs too. Oh, and Brothers & Sisters--I just found it two weeks ago and love it so far.

January 23, 2007 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger ella said...

I don't even know how to work my VCR anymore. It's all about my tivo. As for what is on my cue? Grey's, Law & Order the sex crime one, L Word, Weeds and Dirty Jobs because that is the show the man works on .

January 23, 2007 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I've got DVR (digital video recorder - same thing as TIVO) built into my cable HD box. I couldn't live without it! I can't ever remember when anything comes on, so they all get recorded and I play them back at my leisure.

January 24, 2007 at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home