Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Left to my own devices

Yay! Got today off.

Poor DH has to work today so I'm left to my own devices. Our office decided last minute (Fri at 4p!!) to declare today a holiday. So DH & I didn't have time to plan properly for today. If we'd known ahead of time, DH could have taken today off and we could've headed to the mountains for a day ski trip.

Luckily, I checked my work email at home, my manager sent an email after I left Fri that today would be a holiday. If I didn't check my email, my bum would be at work today.

Anyhoo, I'm glad for the day off. It's only mid-afternoon and I've already been so productive and haven't sat on my bum (yet)... hehehe..

7.30ish am- woke up to see DH off to work
7.45: put a load of laundry
8.00-8.30: went for a run
8.30: shower
9:00: went to the bookstore to return 2 books. got $50 in credit for future use. :)
10.00: got caught up browsing at the bookstore; went to the grocery to buy food
11.00: went to the market to buy vegetables
11:30-1:00: organized my closet (long overdue!)
now: LUNCH :)

I think after my lunch, I'll relax for a bit and curl up with a good book and hot choc. It's COLD, or shall I say crisp or blustery cold, again today (low 40s). That's cold for San Francisco. :)

Question of the day: What do you like to do on a cold, winter day?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's like have a snow day when you're in grammar school. Not expecting it but sooo soo psyched when you find out you hang out and do nothing all day.

January 17, 2007 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Build a fire!

It dipped below freezing last night and my fireplace was enveloped with a dancing flame that crackled so loudly I could still hear it in my bedroom after I had tucked in for the night.

Runner up would be star-gazing as most super-cold nights are clear nights (the lack of clouds makes the night colder).

January 18, 2007 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

sex & moxie: i agree, it was a last minute pleasant surprise to have the day off! wish there were more of those...

aaron: i love the warmth,sound and glow a fire radiates esp on a very cold evening.

January 18, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home