Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dine about town

One of the cool things about living in San Francisco is a event they have every year during the full month of January.

It's an event called Dine About Town. For foodies it is an event to look forward to. Many participating restaurants in San Francisco offer a prix fixed menu, 3 courses for $31.95 dinner ($21.95 lunch). The restaurants that participate are highly rated restaurants and from different cuisines.

DH & I love seafood and took this opportunity to dine at a landmark restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf called, Scoma's Restaurant. Scoma's has been in business since 1965.

Scoma's is a first come first served basis restaurant, so DH & I headed over there around 6p, hoping to beat the weekend rush. No such luck... when we arrived, the line was out the door. We checked in with the hostess to put our name on the list, she said the wait would be 40-45 mins. DH & I walked around Fisherman's Wharf area to kill a little time.

DH & I returned to the restaurant 30 mins later and another short 15 min wait later, we were seated. The restaurant is very cozy. Cool factor: the walls were decorated with autographed pictures of celebrities, actors, politicians, local heroes. No such celebrety sighting while we were there.

The regular menu itself is very extensive and offers many delicious entrees. We ordered the prixe fixed menu.
  • Starter: Caesar salad with bay shrimp (and a sprinkling of anchovies)
  • Main Course: Crab Risotto for DH; Mahi Mahi, vegetables and mashed potatoes for me
  • Dessert: Chocolate Truffle Cake with Berry Puree
It was delicious!! Everything cooked to perfection, the crab risotto most especially.... very flavorful, the rice cooked right and lots of crabmeat and mushroom in the risotto. My fish was moist, tender and seasoned right. I wish I could cook fish this pefectly! ;)

If you're ever in San Francisco/ Fisherman's Wharf area, this is one restaurant I highly recommend.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite seafood dish/ recipe?

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

You said "shrimps"! haha

Where is Ally and why hasn't she commented on this blog?!

I'm all about some seafood. I take every opportunity to eat seafood whenever I'm in Seattle. After all, the company is paying for it! :D

January 22, 2007 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Aaron - thanks for the "catch". ;)

When we were in Maine, I was all over the lobster -- fresh lobster, lobster roll, etcs. I feasted on lobster rolls every single day. I think I went through lobster roll withdrawal when we went back home...

January 22, 2007 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home