Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Live Life

Sad news.

DH & I learned yesterday one of our good friend's parent passed away the other evening. :(

The parent had a stroke over the weekend and had been in a coma since. The doctors informed the family that he would not make it through the week, so they were prepared for the worst. Well, as "prepared" as one can be.

We had dinner with him earlier in the week and he shared the prognosis. Still, learning his passing, still hit me like a punch in the chest.

It's times like these that send me reeling and think of my own mortality and those close to my heart. I'm fortunate that both of my parents are alive and well. I see and visit them weekly. To think that one day, they too will pass, just takes my breath away and .... whew, wow, it's too painful to even think about or comprehend....

Services will be held this Saturday. DH & I cancelled all plans and will be attending the services.

*Live live to the fullest each day.*

2 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

I'm sorry to read about your friend's loss. Life is such a gift; we really should seize each day.

January 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Thank you, Ally. I appreciate the kind words.

January 22, 2007 at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home