Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Where is the Maytag Man?

Came home last night to discover our refrigerator is on the blink... well, actually, more than that... more like kaput.... dead.

The freezer was semi-cold. Ben & Jerry's pistachio ice cream was reduced to milk. Everything else was semi-frozen. They were still salvagable so DH & I packed the meat and perishables in a cooler and transported it to our in-laws house to store in their fridge. It wasn't a lot as we did not want to impose on them.

DH said his fridge is about 20 yrs old so it had its run. We were looking online for different types and might settle for a bottom freezer drawer type. It's hard to select a new one as our kitchen is old/dated and we are thinking of remodeling it within the next few years and get new appliances in the process. So we have to pick a fridge that will fit in with our future kitchen design.

The new fridge is going to cost us around $900-$1400. :( Ouch!!

Question of the day: Do you like the stainless steel look or the classic white design on a fridge?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ally said...

Depending on the house, I like stainless steel or the kind that match the cabinets so that you don't even notice that it's a refrigerator (I imagine those cost a lot though). Buying appliances isn't fun!

January 30, 2007 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

If the entire kitchen is going to be stainless steel, then go for it. Personally, I think darker colored cabinets and what not are the only ones that go with the stainless look. I have a mostly white kitchen except my microwave and stove (combo) are black. I don't think it ever occured to me until now. hrmp.

January 30, 2007 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Ally - yes, DH & I got a headache at the info overload yesterday. It's a huge decision but luckily we are agreeing on type/look we like.

Aaron- I agree with you, I love the darker colored cabinets.. i like the rich dark look of the woods. So we have to consider the cabinet color we want before buying the fridge.

January 31, 2007 at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home