Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Recap

DH & I had a relaxing weekend. We needed it as we both felt so drained emotionally (attended 2 wakes in 1 week) and mentally (work).

Friday night, we went to North Beach, the little Italy of San Francisco, and ate at one of our favorite restaurants: Calzone's. It's a fun bistro to hang out in on a weekend evening. They make a mean mojito and a delicious calzone.

Saturday: DH volunteered, I did errands at Costco and tidied around the house. In the evening, we went out for Japanese food. We feasted on sushis: tuna, salmon, california, yellowtail and tempura. Ahhh.... gluttony.

Sunday: We watched "The Illusionist" with Edward Norton, Jessica Biel and Paul Giammatti. This is my fave movie of the year so far! I thoroughly enjoyed this slick and stylish romantic thriller set in 1900's, Vienna. It's about a masterful Illusionist who devised a very clever plot to win the heart of his childhood love. It's not all romance -- for the guys, it has mystery, intruige, great magic illusions and scandal... you won't be dissapointed. Throughout the movie, you will ask yourself: what is real and what isn't?

The first 10 minutes of the movie may seem slow, keep watching and you will be lured into a magical tale...

Hope you all had a fun weekend!

Question of the day: What is your favorite weekend hangout?

6 Comments:

Blogger DCVita said...

I wanted to see the Illustionist..but never got around to it. Now I am going to watch it!

January 29, 2007 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation. And the sushi sounds yummy. Favorite weekend hangout: Right now it's Atlanta with a stop at Goldbergs for a cinnamon raisin bagel with cinnamon raisin cream cheese and Starbucks later in the day.

January 29, 2007 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger ella said...

I loved "The Illusionist"! The acting was so superb, they made what was a borderline hokey screenplay good.

I saw "The Queen" last night. I wasn't dying to see it, but I must say another example of superb acting (and directing) that carried off a potentially dumb plot.

January 29, 2007 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I didn't see The Illusionist, but I did see The Prestige and thought that was a very entertaining movie. Try that one next.

If I revealed my favorite weekend getaway, then everyone would be there! :D

Well, not that I can think of one place in particular, but you can guarantee it involves 4WD or a hike of some manner.

January 30, 2007 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

dcvita - the actors were all superb and paul giammatti almost stole the show.

ally - DH & I love sushi/ japanese food. mmm.... the cinnamon raisins sound delicious.

ella- i'll check out "Queen", thank you for the recommendation!

aaron- "The Prestige" is in my queue. DH & I love to hike too on weekends. :)

January 30, 2007 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

If DH don't ever treat you right, lemme know and we can go hiking together. :D

January 30, 2007 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home