Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Week in Review

We watched a Giants game last Wed. It was a pretty close game. We saw A Pujols hit one out of the park. In the 8th inning, Bonds hit a HR to tie the game at 2-2. Giants won in 12 innings.

This past week, I’ve been working out with DH when he lifts weights. We’ve been doing shoulder, chest, back presses and also squats. My goal is to tone and tighten. He’s been challenging me which is what I need. It’s brutal but I am having fun…. so far. I need to push myself more.

Our office moved over the weekend. I’m not to thrilled with my new cubicle. My previous cube was secluded which is what I prefer. My new cube is in the center and very visible. It wouldn’t be so bad if our partitions were higher. Sigh. My manager sits right behind me and our location is near the kitchen area so there’s a high volume of traffic. Very distracting.

I’ve spent the last 1.5 days trying to configure my workspace so that’s my monitor is less visible to passer bys. Oh well. I guess I shouldn’t complain, there are worse locations like those poor folks right by the microwave/fridge. Noisy and lots of people milling about.

Gigi and hubby are in town so we spent Sunday with them. They came over our house. Since it was such a gorgeous day, we decided to take a walk to the beach and back. It turned out to be a good 4 mile round trip hike. After we’ve worked up our appetites, we had an early dinner at a Thai restaurant. It was so yummy. We ordered chicken basil, bbq beef, pad thai and seafood curry. Our favorite is the chicken basil dish. Spicy... just the way I like my food.

Question of the day: What's the nicest thing you've done for someone lately?

8 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I gave Sarah a lovely foot massage on Saturday evening. :)

April 24, 2007 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i listen.

that's the nicest thing i can do for anyone.

April 24, 2007 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I just made chocolate chip cookies from scratch for my secretary.

I need a workout buddy to encourage me to push harder with weights; I enjoy it, but it's definitely more fun with a partner.

April 24, 2007 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger brandy said...

Sounds like an awesome week. Nicest thing I've done lately for someone else? Restrained myself.

April 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger ella said...

Your new space makes blogging a bit harder, doesn't it?

April 25, 2007 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger B said...

I'm with brandy, I kept my hands to myself and my mouth shut- for now.

I'm really nice until you poke me- ya know what I mean.

April 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Aaron - Sounds heavenly.

Kate - That is nice. I wish people would listen to each other more sometimes and focus less on themselves.

Ally - Yummy! I just love fresh made from scratch cookies.

Brandy and B- Good one!! :)

Ella - Yes! My blogging/reading blogs at work has been cut down dramtically this weekl. :(

April 25, 2007 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

that food just made me really hungry! your workouts sound like they are going well, you go girl! :)

April 26, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home