Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Workout

… is my current favorite reality TV show on Bravo.

I was watching a marathon of the show last Thursday while home sick from work. Nothing else was on except for Dawson’s Creek and I could not stomach another hour of Joey Potter aka Katie Holmes commiserating about her life and Dawson.

I like the Bravo TV reality shows most notably Project Runway and Top Chef. Workout will have to tide me over until those 2 shows resume in the next season.

Workout is a reality show following the professional and personal life of a personal trainer, who owns Sky Sport & Spa in Beverly Hills. If I had the bucks, I’d want to hire her or one of her trainers at her very nice sport club. She has a very nice lean body, not too muscular but very toned and lean.

Watching the show motivated me to start doing push ups again, I’ve slacked off as of late and haven’t ran since I’ve been sick since Thurs of last week and took 2 days off work to recuperate.

Anyway, the show itself shouldn’t motivate me to work out but wanting to be healthy should be my motivation. Yeah, that’s it.

Jonesy and I met up a couple of weeks ago. We both want to try out cardio kick boxing. I want to try it for fun and toning while Jonesy is doing it to lose her pregnancy weight. I love Jonesy as she is always open and gung ho on trying new things/outdoor activities, even with 3 kids; where as some friends of mine will start whining.

Case in point, AS forwards me an upcoming United Way charity walk. It’s a 3-4 mile walk in the city/Golden Gate Bridge. I immediately say hey, let’s all sign up and do it. It’ll be fun, healthy and for a good cause. Since Gigi is in town that weekend, it’ll be a fun girl bonding activity. The walk will be on a Sunday and start at 8am. AS tells me oh I’d do it but it’s too early. I told her, but you can sleep after the walk, it’s only for a few hours besides you were just diagnosed with high blood and didn’t you say you want to work out more?

She said she will see…. rolling my eyes. Honestly, if waking up early is your excuse, it’s pretty lame. This will only take up a few hours of her morning and it’s close to where we both live.

When Jonesy and Gigi come back from their trips, I am going to ask to see if they want to join. I think it will be fun. The event includes the walk, goodie bags and free entertainment and live music after the walk.

Question of the day: What does your regular workout routine consist of?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoga, yoga and more yoga. But the hard, sweaty kind. I'm not much of a cardio person, so this is about all I do.

April 5, 2007 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I miss Top Chef. :(

My workout routine is all cardio unless I'm with my trainer (every Wed). Lord knows what that old man has up his sleeve. Most of it is circuit-training-oriented and involves a lot of resistance, core workout routines using light weight, rubber bands and assorted medieval contraptions.

April 5, 2007 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger B said...

I want to see that show so bad but I never can find it, maybe we ( canada) don't get it??

your on my blog you see my workout schedule- and yes I'm tired. but I love all my readers for keeping me motivated.

April 5, 2007 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger JM said...

My workout is mainly the treadmill and some weights. I just recently added the weights. Before it was the treadmill and stairmaster.

April 5, 2007 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

oh that walk sounds like a blast, and for such a good cause. i hope your other friends will join you! i love those type of things.

i LOVE kickboxing. i used to be a tae bo freak. i one time got home at 1am and watched an infomercial with billy blanks and ordered the dvd's right then and there. i love it.
now-a-days my workout consists of a mix of cardio and weight training. im looking forward to the good weather for more outdoor fitness- like hiking, biking, running, etc. im also planning to train for a triathlon one of these days. hmm.

April 6, 2007 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Ella - birkham (sp?) yoga is also on my list. is that the yoga you practice?

Aaron- - i miss top chef too! i can't wait for next season. who were you rooting for last season. i liked marcel, even when no one did, cuz he made good food. i didnt like Ilian's games.

B - It's on Bravo on tues nights. maybe your cable does not have the bravo channel?

Angel - that sounds like a well rounded workout.

Brookem - i know i hope my friends join me too. we're looking forward to warmer weather too and more hiking. a triathlon... wow... you go girl!! :) have you done one previously?

April 6, 2007 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

I LOVE this show. I watched it last season too, but my stupid ghetto apartment complex kickback taking cable company just dropped Bravo. At least I can watch it at the gym--and it motivates me, so that's good too.

April 6, 2007 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

i just saw the show this past weekend! some marathon was on or something. i loved it.
haven't done a triathlon yet, but plan on it, damn straight.

April 9, 2007 at 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

November 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home