Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Make Up

DH and I made up and consequently also had the make up sex, which by the way was amazing!!! ;)

My takeaway from our disagreement the other day is I need to work on my communication. Which is true and I know it.

It is a constant struggle for me to verbalize how I feel. I'm much better with the written word or expressing my feelings on paper.

When I'm upset, my thoughts are jumbled up in my head and emotions run high that when you try to talk to me, I end up crying... which I hate. I do not like for anyone to see me cry, even DH. That's why when I'm upset, it's better to let me cool off first rather than talking to me at that heated moment.

I need to be better in relating my feelings. Why is that so hard, even if it's to DH? Why am I so scared of feeling vulnerable and stripped down??? What am I afraid of???

Question of the day: Why is "make up sex" so goood?

8 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I believe it's probably fear of rejection? To strip away all your defenses and appear vulnurable before someone else is quite a feat for some of us. To do that and be rejected may very well be more than some of us could bear. The flip-side being, if/when you do that and the other person is so accepting and supportive, it makes all the difference in the world.

Why is make-up sex is so great? Who knows? Perhaps it has to do with an outpouring of emotional backlog? One thing is for certain, enjoy it while it lasts but make sure it's not a common occurance. ;)

March 29, 2007 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger ella said...

I agree with Aaron. Make up sex is great because of the outpouring of emotional backlog. You get so wound up that it's such a relief when things are okay.

March 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

What makes makeup sex so good? An excess of emotion. Not that emotion of some sort isn't normally involved during sex, but makeup sex comes out of anger and then relief that the anger is over and happiness that you're back to normal.

Or, it's a way of telling the other person "This is what you'll be doing without if you pull that shit again!"

:-)

March 29, 2007 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I have no idea why make-up sex is good. At this point in my life, any sex is good!!

March 29, 2007 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Humm! I'm not sure Trixie. Could be emotions we all experience with apologies leave us vulnerable and accepting and in consequence, able to share with our partners and express freely physically but I'm not Dr. Phil. It's just so damn good!

March 30, 2007 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger brandy said...

It's better I think because we expect it to be better. I mean, if we called it 'lameo, I'm still a tiny bit angry at you but let's do it anyway sex', it wouldn't be as hot. But there's this idea... that it's going to be great so it actually BECOMES great. Sorry. I just watched "The Secret" (again) and all the talk about thinking has got me thinking of thought. Okay, this comment has to end.

March 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger B said...

I think it's good because you know once it's done you won't be pissing each other off for the next little while- at least you hope. I am such a romantic I know- sorry.

March 31, 2007 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

aaron - you are right, probably fear of rejection but i know DH is very accepting.

swf41 - thank you for visiting and welcome! :)

i agree with everyone's comments as it is the outpouring of pent up emotions and relief.

B- it's OK to be romantic. :)

April 6, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home