Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Close to You

I just received my netflix dvds. One of them is a foreign chick flick, called "Close to You":

"Mick and Marian have always been best friends. They are so close that they know each other's secrets...well, almost. After all these years, Mick never had the courage to tell Marian how much he loves her.

When Marian's first love, Lance, returns home, she is intent on seeing him again. She brings along Mick on a chase that brings them abroad. Mick now has to decide - will he let his best friend be happy with her "Mr Right", or will he fight for the love that has kept him alive all these years?"


I've had crushes on guy friends and have asked them out on dates in hopes of elevating the friendship. However, I've never fallen for best friend of the opposite sex. Have you ever been in this situation?

Question of the day: Are you willing to lose the love for the friendship? Or are you willing to lose the friendship for love??

5 Comments:

Blogger brandy said...

This Easter I found myself in a situation where I was asking myself that question. And I realized, I'm not willing to give up friendship for love (or even lust). Though the act was noble, this has only resulted in losing the friendship. Sigh.

April 10, 2007 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

i've fallen for my best guy friend. (i actually just referenced it my my most recent post) if i had a do-over, i would still have challenged the friendship for the love. although the love didn't work out, we still remain somewhat friends. although i know that's not always the case.

(your blog colors changed, huh?)

April 10, 2007 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yes and yes.

I operate on a "full disclosure" basis with anyone I'm seriously dating. In my opinion, if your significant other isn't your best friend, perhaps you should be re-evaluating your relationships with people.

April 11, 2007 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger ella said...

I have had crushes on male friends, but have never really acted upon it. Often we end up in this gray area where when we hang out everybody thinks we're a couple and can't believe we haven't hooked up before. In my experience usually it just fades away...but it's because I end up dating someone else.

April 11, 2007 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Well it worked for Chandler and Monica in Friends ....lol :).

April 11, 2007 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home