Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

In and Out

Happy New Year! Thank you to all of you for the birthday wishes last week! :)

DH & I spent NYE at home. I would’ve loved to have watched the fireworks in the city when it struck midnite. But in my current state, I need to be near a bathroom at all times. Getting to the park early for a good seat and waiting for a long period for the fireworks to begin just would not do. We started the evening having dinner with a friend and then settled in at home for the evening. We were watching a movie on our new HD TV (very happy with the purchase!) and I fell asleep around 10ish. I woke up wondering what time it was and it just happened to be midnite. :)

DH & I spent most of the 1st day of 2008 organizing/cleaning out stuff for when the little peanut arrives.

I had to clear out the closet I’m using now in the nursery and move all my clothes to the bedroom. I’m almost there, about 80% completed. In the process, I am donating a bag full of clothes and some old shoes to Goodwill. This is in addition to the 2 bag full of clothes I also donated a couple of months ago. You just don’t realize how much clothes you accumulate over the years.

My rule was if I haven’t worn it in 2+ years, it’s going to Goodwill. It was a good exercise as it allowed me to get more closet space and clean out items I am no longer using.

Our house has been in disarray from baby things, Christmas things so everything is displaced to the living room and our bedroom. We made good progress yesterday so at the very least, the nursery is almost ready.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Hope you had a safe and happy new year’s! :)

Question of the day: What is one resolution you really want to stick to this year?

3 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

I want to get in shape. That is my resolution!!

January 2, 2008 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Appletini said...

It is sooo HARD for me to throw out my clothes. I always think, what if I want to wear it someday? :p

January 3, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I didn't come up with any resolutions this year. I couldn't think of anything that would be that much fun to resolve not to do and then run out and do it at the first opportunity. :D

January 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home