Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Friday, December 28, 2007

35 and counting

Today is my birthday. I am *gasp* 35! WHEN did this happen?

Age is just a number I am convincing myself. After all, what matters is how you feel, how you life your life and your accomplishments.

  • I am healthy, feel and look young.
  • I am happy and content where life is taking me.
  • I have a wonderful, loving and supportive husband.
  • A healthy baby is on the way.
  • I have a great family and circle of friends.
  • I have a job which I like.

I am in a good place in my life and I am very thankful for the blessings given to me.

DH threw me a surprise 30th birthday with my girlfriends and now bam suddenly hello 35! Soon…. hello 40?

So why does it still seem like turning 35 is a big deal?

I guess what I am having a hard time accepting is I am getting older and I am midway to my “40s” and all that entails. Sounds vain, I know, but the decades are just going by so fast.

I didn’t want too much fanfare for my day today. I am working half a day at work. Then I’m meeting my girlfriends for lunch, then off to catch the movie “P.S. I love you”. After the movie maybe do some window shopping.

For dinner, DH & I may go to a Korean BBQ, Hibachi style. For my birthday gift, DH gave me the Kate Spade purse I wanted. :)

I feel like I am rambling today....

Question of the day: Do you dread turning a particular "milestone" age? (30, 35, 40, etc)

7 Comments:

Blogger megabrooke said...

Aw, Happy Birthday girl! I hope it's fabulous!

xo

December 28, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

Happy birthday! i know you can't have an appletini, so I'll have one for you :)

December 28, 2007 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger B said...

Happy Birthday!!

30 was tuff 35 will be tuff

but a spa day helps :)

December 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to wishing you a lovely birthday and wonderful year to come!! ((Clinking of glasses)) Cheers!

December 28, 2007 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger ella said...

Happy Birthday Trixie! What a year you've had....next stop mommyhood!

December 29, 2007 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger secretmom said...

Happy belated birthday! I do dread every birthday, but each year I like my life more, so I guess it's all okay in the end. As my husband says, "getting older is better than the alternative." :)

January 1, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I believe every birthday should be a milestone! This year (30) I'll be skydiving. Sarah has informed me that she's coming, too. This is gonna be a hoot. I don't need/want another hobby, but what the heck, right?

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY.

January 4, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home