Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What's in a Name?

So DH and I have been brainstorming baby names. It's not that easy as the name we choose may/will define him/her for the rest of their life. We don't want our child to get beat up in the playground because of the name we choose.

I have to write down the names we like so far otherwise we're going to forget it.

GIRL:

Sara/Sarah
Audrey
Addison
Leia
Olivia
Lauren
Isabella
Katrina
Michaela
Sierra
Caryn/Karin/Karyn
Casey/Cassandra

BOY:

Lucas

Our boy name list is coming up short at the moment. Mostly I've been coming up with the girl names because I'm convinced we are having a girl. DH of course thinks it's a boy. We will be happy of course with either as long as the baby is healthy.

We would love some suggestions for boy/girl names. If you have any, post them. :)

Question of the day: If you could re-name yourself, what name would you choose?

10 Comments:

Blogger megabrooke said...

oooh i like sierra! very pretty. i also like... melanie, mckenzie, emma, and jacqueline (wow, ive never thought about that name before until just now), for girls. for boys... i like aiden, jack, gregory, mark, and i think? zach. i wicked love names with a "c" sound in them.
so you're still going to keep the baby sex a surprise? i think that's great!
im going to tahoe this weekend! woot!

August 29, 2007 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger ella said...

My real name is in your list of girl names!

August 29, 2007 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

I love Audrey. Very elegant and classy...Hepburn-ish. :-) And, she wouldn't have the situation where there are five other little girls with the same name in her class.

August 30, 2007 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger JM said...

I have always liked the name Andrew. I would give myself that name--I love the nickname Drew.

August 30, 2007 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the name Addison for a girl!! And of course I love the name Lucas for a boy...it's my sweet little nephews name. Love it!

August 30, 2007 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Appletini said...

I love the name Isabella. I also like the name Samara, eventhough it is from the movie "The Ring" :)

August 31, 2007 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Caleb.

August 31, 2007 at 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I love questions like this. Let's see, for a girl, I like Emma, Ella, Lola, Lauren, Isabella... basically any name that ends in "A" is going to be one that I love. I also like Dylan and Charlee for a girl. For boys, I like Lucas, Jack, Charlie and Aiden. Okay, I just realized brookem and I have a lot of the same names. Hmm. I suspect great minds think alike!

September 3, 2007 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger B said...

isabella is very pretty

I go by 2 names Belinda and Missy some people only know me as one or the other so that has been enough for me I have never thought of wanting another :)

September 3, 2007 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger mrs. esq. said...

My friend's sister just named her twins Chloe and Lucas. How cute is that! If I were to rename myself, I would go for something old fashioned or jolie-laide like Agnes or Rosemary or Constance. For boys-- I enjoy names that would definitely get them beat up on the playground: Federico (Rico for short - ha!), Pierre and Jan (that's pronounced YAN - ha!)

September 4, 2007 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home