Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

My girlfriends and I are planning a weekend trip to Las Vegas later this month.

We are so excited as last year's trip was a blast.

There will be 5 of us. Jonesy and KD are leaving their 6 kids at home (3 each) and they are the ones who are most looking forward to the much needed getaway.

We've already booked a show and are planning on relaxing, gambling, shopping, eating all weekend. AA said no sleep for us all weekend, which we have done on some trips before especially when we are winning at the crap table. Pre pregnancy I would've been up all night with them. But nowadays, my bedtime has been more like 9:00pm. I feel like a fuddy duddy.

I'm excited, I love girl bonding trips! :)

Have a greak weekend!

Question of the day: What is the longest you've ever gone without sleeping? (My longest was 30 hours)

7 Comments:

Blogger ella said...

Oh Boo! No drinking for the preggers lady!

September 14, 2007 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yeah, no booze for you! :(

When I was still in high school a friend and I ended up having this crazy bet. We had stayed up Friday night for a party, Saturday for another party and all day Sunday for the hell of it. It was then we decided to see which of us could stay awake the longest. I survived, just short of four days but when I slept, I slept for 21-22hrs straight before waking up, eating a little something and going back to sleep. Talk about wrecking your week... but it was a hell of a lot of fun trying to stay active after you've been awake for 48+ hrs.

September 17, 2007 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

Girls trip! How fun! My longest is probably 36 hours :)

September 17, 2007 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

The longest I've stayed awake was 40 hours, during high school. I had to organize a car wash, put out a newspaper, help a friend with the yearbook, and attempt to study for exams all while preparing for graduation.
During college, I've pulled a couple 30-35 hours, but only out of necessity due to multiple exams during a week.
I chug a starbucks light doubleshot and follow it with casually drinking a 20 oz. diet coke. Also what works is combining those foldgers tea bags of coffee with a diet coke- let the coffee steep in the diet coke and you have a disgusting combination of caffeine.

October 1, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger JM said...

So how did the trip go?

October 3, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

come back to blogging! i miss you!

October 10, 2007 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

hah, last time I went to Vegas, my best friend and I stayed up till 5am every.single.night. I kid you not, it took me a good week to recover from that weekend!

December 19, 2007 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home