Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, August 6, 2007

12 Weeks

The miracle of life...

I'm happy to announce that DH & I are expecting a baby on Feb 17, 2008!! :)

We found out on Father's Day weekend.

I'm in my 12th week or around the end of the critical 1st trimester.

DH & I are thrilled beyond words!!! We are ecstatic, nervous, excited and in awe at this tiny life growing inside me. The baby is currently 2" and the size of a lime.

We first saw the baby via ultrasound at 8 weeks and we were amazed at the little peanut with its tiny heart already beating.

We had another ultrasound a couple of weeks ago at 10 weeks and was amazed at how the baby has grown - almost double. We saw its heart beating (incredible!) and even saw him/her moving and dancing around!!! It was a very powerful image and again amazement and wonder filled us as we watched this tiny life fluttering and dancing in my uterus. Our baby.

Fortunately, I've experienced no nausea nor morning sickness, mostly just fatigue and wanting to nap all the time.

We told our families a few weeks ago and they are so excited. When I told my parents, my mom jumped up, gave me a hug and started crying. I started crying as well, tears of joy.

Everytime I tell someone the happy news, I get teary eyed and emotional.

We have a couple of appointments this week including genetic counseling/ testing today as a precautionary measure since I will be 35 at birth.

Please send us your positive thoughts that all will turn out normal.

The last time you guys sent me positive thoughts.... I got pregnant. :)

Question of the day: Will we have a boy or a girl?



10 Comments:

Blogger ella said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you!

And I am happy that you are back....I had a good feeling about the news you had.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a boy....

August 7, 2007 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger megabrooke said...

woot! woot! the big announcement!!!

CONGRATULTIONS!!!

i think im going to go with a baby boy too!

August 7, 2007 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Accidentally Me said...

Oh I am so happy for you! You were so sad that time in the spring when you posted about not being pregnant...it is great to see that your happy news was righyt around the corner!

Since ella took "boy", I will lay claim to "Girl" in the newly created blooger pool...

Any idea on names?

Congrats!

August 7, 2007 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Boy.

You're 35? DH is getting a late start on his ball team! :D

August 7, 2007 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know that you had been getting frustrated when it wasn't happening- I'm glad that it finally worked out! I'm going to go with Accidentally Me and say girl too. Can't wait to get more updates.

August 7, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Appletini said...

WOO HOOO! I am sooo happy for you. AND especially happy that you are not getting morning sickness.

I will say that it is going to be a girl :)

August 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger B said...

Congratulations!!!

it will be a girl! :) ?

and belinda is a lovely name for a girl LOL

so happy for you both

August 7, 2007 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Oh, how wonderful!!!!!!

And, a February baby, too! That means your last trimester is in the winter, which is so much nicer than being heavily pregnant in the heat of summer.

How lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!

August 8, 2007 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

What excellent news! I'm feeling like it'll be a boy too.

August 8, 2007 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Thank you so much dear blogger friends!!! :) Many of you guessed right on my "secret".

We are of course happy with either sex as long as it's healthy.

I'm leaning for a girl while DH is leaning towards a boy.

Aaron: I'm 34 now but will be 35 in Dec. yikes. We hope the baby inherits DH's athleticism, not mine....hehehe.

August 8, 2007 at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home