Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, January 21, 2008

36 weeks

My home page greeted me this morning with:

"You are in your 36th week, 27 more days to go"

OMG. 4 more weeks and we meet our darling Peanut. Or really anytime before then, whenever he decides he is ready to come out. :)

All these months of excitement, anticipation, learning, reading everything about parenting/babies, classes, chat boards.... still does not prepare you for caring for a new fragile life.

I'm afraid.... very afraid.... I hope maternal instinct kicks in as they say it should.

***Deep breaths***

Question of the day: Guess when the baby will arrive! :) Our estimated due date is Feb 17. Will peanut be early, on time or late....

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

I was near panic attacks at 36 and 37 weeks, not feeling at all ready for baby to come. Now at 38 weeks, I'm feeling a bit more calm and prepared. Good luck!! =)

January 22, 2008 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

Relax.

Maternal instinct is just another way to say "love."

Trust me...it will kick in.

January 22, 2008 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Marcy -- I just love your belly shots! :) I guess I am just panicking and I hope I can relax and enjoy the time with DH before the baby arrives. :

SWf42 -- Awwww... thank you! I needed to hear that! :)

January 22, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

I think that all of your fears and thoughts are normal :)

I think he'll be one day late ;)

January 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

He's gonna be a Valentine's baby!

January 24, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger brandy said...

Feb 14th. I like to think it will be a Valentine's baby. Whenever it comes- it will be lucky to have you as a mom.

January 30, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home