Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Cruising Back to Reality...

It's Monday morning and I am psyching myself up for a day at work.

I am physically at work but not mentally yet.

DH & I just came back from a fun filled vacation.

We went on a 7 day Alaskan cruise and enjoyed a couple of days in Vancouver.

It is our 1st cruise and I have to say, it was one of the best vacations I've ever had. The trip itself to Alaska was amazing (saw Glaciers, whales, brown bears to name a few highlights). Being on a cruise is like being fed, pampered and entertained for 24 hours everyday. I could certainly get used to that!

I gained 2 pounds on the cruise. I don't think it's pregnancy weight but it was all the food we consumed.

DH & I really enjoyed Vancouver as well. What a wonderful city! We'd like to go back and spend more time there and explore the neighboring cities. What we saw in a couple of days, we liked!

We arrived home last night at 11p and back at work this morning. I am exhausted and trying to figure out why I didn't take an extra day off.

I know I've been MIA lately and I appreciate the emails wondering if I'm still alive. :) Yes I am and very much kicking!

Question of the day: Have you ever been on a cruise? (To where? What did you like about it?)

7 Comments:

Blogger megabrooke said...

you're back!!!

and you said "pregnancy weight"... um, when did you announce that you were preggers?! i saw the post about keeping a secret, and now this?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

sounds like a great trip! i have never been on a cruise, but they sound like they are a blast.

August 6, 2007 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger brandy said...

Dude! I'm with brookem- pregnancy weight?! Dear lord. I make huge announcements when I change my shampoo and you are with child (yes, that's my new favourite term) and you just throw it in all casual?! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about it. As for a cruise, I dittoing Brookem.

August 6, 2007 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I have never been on a cruise. I think I would feel confined being on a boat.

You said pregnancy weight!!! So did we guess right the last time you wrote about a huge secret?

August 6, 2007 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Appletini said...

OK.... I'm with all three from above..... Did I really read PREGNANCY WEIGHT!? YEAH!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Woo Hoo !!!

Back to the cruise question... no, but my honey and I are dying to go on one. I heard the Alaskan cruise is georgeous ;)

August 6, 2007 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Hope you survived your first day back in the office. Your comments only add to my growing desire to see Alaska and Canada. I've only been on one cruise, and I wasn't a big fan. Of course, it wasn't a super nice cruise so that may be part of it.

August 7, 2007 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

I've never been on a cruise. I'm just not sure I want to be stuck on a boat for days. I'd rather get to the island and stay there being waited on. :-)

Alaska, though...I hear that's a great trip!!!

August 7, 2007 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

No teaser! I knew you were pregnant (and not because I'm the daddy). :D

So, officially, congratulations. (You're not as sneaky as you think, missy.)

And I've never been on a cruise, but an Alaskan cruise is DEFINATELY on the to-do list.

August 7, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home