Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Superfriends

We had a laid back holiday yesterday. We were invited to a bbq but we declined so we could relax.

We ended up watching “transformers” at the theater. DH & I are not particularly die hard fans or anything but thought it would something fun to watch.

I hung out with all boy cousins while I was growing up and I watched the Transformers cartoons with them. So I was pretty familiar with the characters and concept. DH’s nephew is enthralled with Transformers and has a lot of the robots. He’s been telling his parents he’d like to see the movie and they said they are taking him. After seeing it yesterday, I think the movie is not really geared to kids his age (he’s 7). Oh well, that’s for his parents to decide.

I found the movie to be entertaining enough and it is pretty well made. The CGI was incredible. DH liked the movie more than I did … maybe I’m just really not that into robots.

After the movie, we had an early dinner at a Japanese restaurant. We didn’t head out to catch fireworks as we were tired.

There were some people who were shooting fireworks near our neighborhood. So we watched fireworks through our bedroom window in bed. Not bad. :)

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

Question of the day: What are some of the cartoons you watched growing up? (My favorite was Superfriends”!)

14 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I missed the "Transformers" ... I was too old by the time they came out. I wasn't much into cartoons ... there were some lame ones out when I was kid so that's probably why :(

July 5, 2007 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

My favorite, by far, was GI Joe. There were just too many great cartoons in the 80's to mention.

July 6, 2007 at 3:59 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Wonder Woman....which wasn't a cartoon, but it was my favorite.

As for Transformers, I actually got up early before school to watch an episode each morning!

July 6, 2007 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger JM said...

I think my favorite has always been some of the Bugs Bunny spin-offs--you know like Marvin Martian or the one with that big orange monster. Those cartoons were favorites. But Road Runner got on my nerves, because the Wile E Coyote was annoying.

July 6, 2007 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like THE BEST way to watch fireworks.

July 6, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a mellow 4th..sounds fun!

July 9, 2007 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

I loved the 'Smurfs' growing up. I always wanted to be like Smurfette :)
Although I always wondered why she was the only female?

July 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Thundercats...Ho!

July 12, 2007 at 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CareBears. I recenly started doing the CareBear stare again, which has been a great success.

July 13, 2007 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger B said...

The flintstones and bugs bunny

July 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger mrs. esq. said...

hi trixie-- i'm delurking myself in your comments! :) my favorite cartoons, in no particular order include: jem and the holograms, smurfs, transformers and voltron. if held up at gunpoint and forced to choose, i would have to say voltron. my sis and i were big fans.

July 26, 2007 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

I remember most the old Looney Tunes. I loved that little chicken hawk!!!

July 31, 2007 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger brandy said...

Did you die?

August 1, 2007 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Appletini said...

I have been thinking the same thing as Brandy (well, about what happened to you ;)... I hope all is well :)

August 5, 2007 at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home