Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anxious!

Sigh. Only 5 days left of my maternity leave.

Where did the time go???

I maxed out my maternity leave at work which is 20 weeks. I was lucky that LJ came out on my first day of maternity leave so that I was able to spend all 20 weeks with him.

Still, it is not enough time with my baby. He is growing up so fast, he just turned 4 months , drooling all over himself and just learned to roll over from his back to his tummy.

Anyway, I'm starting work this Monday. I'm not really looking forward to it. I'm feeling anxious because I've been gone for awhile. I've been dreading the day since last month and now it's fast approaching.

We placed LJ in daycare part time since the month started to help us both transition. I was very sad/nervous on his 1st day at daycare. LJ, however, did fine and was all smiles when I picked him up later in the day. I think it was definitely harder for Mommy than for him.

One of the few things I can look forward to on Monday is I have new outfit and new haircut/higlights .... hee heee. It feels like the 1st day of school for me back from a long summer break where I need a new look.

The adult interaction will be good and I'm looking forward to seeing some of my work friends but not really looking forward to the actual work. SIGH. I emailed my boss reminding him to reactivate my IDs and he emailed back saying he's looking forward to my return.

I told one of my gf's that she'll need to cheer me up at lunch on my 1st day back.

SIGH. I will miss spending the day with LJ. Those 20 weeks only felt like 2 weeks. :(

Question of the day: What has made you anxious lately?

5 Comments:

Blogger megabrooke said...

well look who it is!!! getting back to work... yikes! good luck!

June 17, 2008 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger ella said...

WOW - time does fly.

June 19, 2008 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope work is getting easier for you! Those first days back suck to badly.

June 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger B said...

only 4 months off??? not fair

June 28, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be so hard to go back to work...

July 21, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home