Reality Bites

Random musings of reality bytes ... when reality bites.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Personalities

DH & I had Sunday brunch with our friends, the Ryans, and their 2 kids: Kay who is 3 and Rem who is 10 months.

While spending the time with them and the kids, I began observing some the kids' personalities and traits. Kay seems to show some interest in baseball, catching and throwing, just like her dad, it shows even at her young age. She already has her baseball swing down pat. Rem is too young but he is very observant, he has a studious look about him, his favorite hobby right now is eating... anything. Yesterday, he was eyeing the Tabasco sauce. :)

DH are close friends with the Ryans, so we will most likely see the kids grow up. It will be interesting to watch how their kids personalities develop over the years and see if the traits we see now remain years later.

I began thinking how I was as a child. I know I was a very shy girl. That still is true to this day although to a lesser extent. I am still shy around people I do not know and it will take me a while to open up to people I just met.

I always loved the water. When my brother and I were growing up, our family vacations were always to the beach or a resort. I'd spend the whole day in the water, usually only surfacing for air when my Mom dragged me out of the water to eat lunch. That has not changed. I still love the water, the pool or beach -- my ideal vacation is always a tropical location -- anywhere where I can be near the water.

I was not too athletic back in my younger days. I played during gym in school but I was not too interested in it. I was too girly or actually uncoordinated for sports. I've been working on my athleticism over the years. I am involving myself in more active, athletic or outdoor activities such as skiing, volleyball, hiking and jogging.

I definitely wish I was more athletic during childhood, it would've helped me be more coordinated now. I probably would've picked up skiing a lot faster and made it easier to learn without the fear of being injured. :)

DH is a great instructor though, he skis and snowboards. I started on the beginner slopes with him. Over the past 3 winter seasons, he has pushed and challenged me to be better so now I'm skiing and keeping up with him on the blue diamond/advanced slopes! :)

Question of the day: What are some traits you've retained from childhood?

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

My stunning good looks, of course.

Okay, just my cowlick. :P

February 12, 2007 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Hmm....I played mediator in kindergarten and still do that, and I'm still very headstrong and independent. I guess somethings are just innate.

Watching someone's personality develop is a cool thing, and I can't wait to see who my nieces will end up being.

February 13, 2007 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger ella said...

I'm still scared of clowns.

February 13, 2007 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Aaron -- needless to day, of course you still have your stunning good looks. :)

Ally -- definitely a cool thing. my godchildren are 2.5 y/o and 14 mos and watching them develop their personalities is amazing to see.

Ella -- I'm with you! Clowns scare me too.

February 13, 2007 at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home